Friday, June 1 | at USM’s Glickman Library
Saturday, June 2 | at USM’s Glickman Library
Ever wonder about the process of developing a New York Times bestseller? Hear the inside scoop from DOUGLAS PRESTON and his renowned editor MILLICENT BENNETT of Grand Central Publishing.
What’s the truth behind the headlines about the famous trials of O. J. Simpson, the Boston Strangler, and newspaper heiress Patty Hearst? Join us for insider tales from luncheon keynote speaker LEGENDARY DEFENSE ATTORNEY F. LEE BAILEY.
- Award-winning authors discuss both how to open a novel with a bang and end strong
- Authors open up about their own journeys with self, indie, and traditional publishing
- Top authors describe how they create and sustain conflict at the heart of their manuscripts
- Book reviewers tell about how (and why) they do what they do
- Break-out craft sessions give you the inside scoop on point of view, writing action scenes, and penning the perfect query letter
- And join us at 4:00 p.m. for Two Minutes in the Slammer, an opportunity for attendees to read their own prose!
- Savor the full schedule HERE!
Defense Attorney F. Lee Bailey
William D. Andrews, R.G. Belsky, Jen Blood, Gerry Boyle, Brenda Buchanan, Richard J. Cass, Bruce Robert Coffin, Julia Spencer Fleming, Kate Flora, Elizabeth Hand, Chris Holm, Katrina Niidas Holm, Shannon Kirk, Gayle Lynds, Sandra Neily, Daniel Palmer, Douglas Preston, Barbara Ross, Joseph Souza, Lea Wait, and more. More →
Millicent Bennett, William Bushnell, Katrina Niidas Holm, Celia Johnson, Frank O Smith More →
“Irresistible Openings”; “Compelling Endings”; “The Life of a Book”; “Publishing: Self, Indie, Tradition”; “Conflict is the Heart of Drama”; “Sex, Booze, and Violence”; and “Reviewers Reveal.” More →
CRAFT SESSION INSTRUCTORS
Kate Flora, Chris Holm, Celia Johnson More →
Savor each hour! More →
General registration is open from March 3 to May 21
Full details on registration fee, options, and details More →
Win a Full Scholarship to Attend + Publication!
The 2018 Crime Wave Flash Fiction Contest is open! Win a full scholarship to the Crime Wave & publication in the Maine Sunday Telegram. In no more than 500-words, write a story using this opening line from bestselling author Douglas Preston:
“On the thirteenth alligator gizzard she opened with her scalpel, out poured a dazzling array of cabochon-cut star sapphires, mingled with mud, grit, and a rotting human finger.”
DEADLINE April 6
The 2018 Maine Crime Wave is sponsored in part by:
MWA-NE is a regional chapter of Mystery Writers of America. It welcomes all crime writers, both published and aspiring, for programs and networking. More →
Check back soon for full schedule, and more details.
MWPA CONFERENCE POLICIES
Registration in any MWPA workshop, program, or event constitutes your agreement to our terms and conditions. → MWPA POLICIES