The 2018 Maine Crime Wave will be held Friday, June 1 & Saturday, June 2.
Check back for more details. In the meantime, below you can explore details about the 2017 Maine Crime Wave.
2017 Maine Crime Wave
Saturday, April 22 | Portland
Ever wonder about the process of developing from debut author to New York Times bestseller? Hear the inside scoop from TESS GERRITSEN—winner of our inaugural CrimeMaster Award—and her renowned New York literary agent MEG RULEY of the Jane Rotrosen Agency.
What’s the truth about crime at the State of Maine level? Join us for insider tales from our very own MAINE ATTORNEY GENERAL JANET MILLS, who will give the day’s luncheon keynote talk.
- Experts discuss how to write winning query letters
- Debut authors reveal how they got published
- Attorneys and law enforcement officers unveil inside info about crime & punishment
- Top authors describe how they develop ideas into selling manuscripts
- Break-out craft sessions give you the inside scoop on Plot, Character, & Scenes
- A special hands-on manuscript workshop for four attendees
- And join us at 4:00 p.m. for Two Minutes in the Slammer, an opportunity to read your own prose
MAINE CRIME WAVE AT-A-GLANCE
Maine Attorney General Janet Mills
Richard J. Cass, Bruce Robert Coffin, Kate Flora, Tess Gerritsen, Roger Guay, Vaughn Hardacker, James Hayman, Chris Holm, Gayle Lynds, Maureen Milliken, Lynne Raimondo, Brendan Rielly, Barbara Ross More →
Ann Collette, Katrina Niidas Holm, Celia Johnson, Meg Ruley More →
CRAFT SESSION INSTRUCTORS
Kate Flora, James Hayman, Chris Holm More →
MAINE CRIME WAVE THE FULL SCOOP
- Schedule →
- Panel Discussions →
- Panelists & Instructors →
- Craft Session Descriptions →
- Manuscript Workshop →
- Agent Critiques →
- Two Minutes in the Slammer →