MWPA’s GATHER encourages members (and their friends!) to meet and mingle with fellow members in one of several locations around Maine for casual camaraderie and conversation. There is no agenda to GATHER besides getting together with your community of fellow writers to talk writing, reading, and life.
Here’s what some MWPA members said recently when asked why attend GATHER (compiled by Maggie Butler):
* “To meet other writers and hear about their experiences about publishing.”
* “I spend most of my time taking care of others. I come here to remember who I am.”
* “To be with other like-minded people who also spend a lot of their time alone (when writing).”
* “I hear interesting stories, and enjoy being with like-minded people. I like that it’s informal.”
* “I like to talk about writing with other people who do it. This is one of the few places I can.”
* “It’s a way to connect up with others who share a passion for the art of writing. We talk prose, marketing, craft and enjoy each other’s company”