The 2017 Maine Crime Wave is proud to offer attendees a la carte one-on-one manuscript critiques with Ann Collette of the Rees Literary Agency. This session is an additional $50 for MWPA members, $75 for nonmembers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The agent will read your manuscript.
- On the day of the Maine Crime Wave, you will be scheduled for a 15-minute one-on-one critique discussion with the agent.
- Please submit an unpublished manuscript of no more than 2,500-words.
- All manuscripts must meet the following formatting requirements: 12-point font, double-spaced lines, and one-inch margins in standard 8.5 x 11 format.
- The preferred file format for submissions is Word; if you are not able to send your submission in Word, please attach it as a PDF.
Deadline 9:00 a.m. on April 7 (late submissions cannot be considered)
Submit Manuscripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (email applications only) with the subject line “Crime Wave Agent Critique”
ABOUT THE AGENT
Ann Collette was a freelance writer and editor before joining the Rees Literary Agency in 2000. Her list includes books by Barbara Shapiro, Ashley Weaver, Steven Sidor, Vicki Lane, Carol Carr, Clay and Susan Griffith, and Chrystle Fiedler. She likes literary, mystery, thrillers, suspense, vampire, and commercial women’s fiction. Ann accepts hard copy and email submissions. Fiction submissions should include a terse query letter and first chapter within the body of the email. Attachments and links will not be opened. For nonfiction, send a query letter only. Ann is only able to respond to queries she is interested in pursuing. Visit www.reesagency.com